Last modified: April 16, 2018
This policy describes:
- The types of information Next Trucking may collect or that you may provide when you purchase, request, download, install, register with, access, or use the Services.
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect through the Services, and in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with the Services. This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on websites you may access through the Services.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party (see “Third-Party Information Collection”). These third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Table of Contents
- Children Under the Age of 13
- Information We Collect and How We Collect It
- Third-Party Information Collection
- How We Use Your Information
- Disclosure of Your Information
- Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
- Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Data Security
- International Use
- Contact Information
Children Under the Age of 13
The Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of the Services:
- From you when you give it to us.
- Automatically and directly from you or your device when you use the Services.
- From Third Parties, including Geotab, who you allow to collect data from your Services and share it with Next Trucking. We may also receive information about your location from third parties, such as shippers, carriers, and drivers involved in fulfilling any shipment request.
Information You Give to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you fill out a form, request to be a carrier, shipper, or driver through the Services, log into your account, submit or accept a shipment, request customer support, or communicate with us. When you create a Next Trucking account, contact us, or request, access, or use the Services, we may ask you to provide information:
- By which you or your company may be personally identified, such as name, postal address or location, email address, governmental identification, payment or banking information, telephone number, insurance information, service ratings and reviews, birth date, photograph, employer, job title, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”).
- That is about you or your company but individually does not identify you. This could include information such as your DOT number, carrier name, cycle rule, shipment information, or delivery and pick-up location.
Any information that you knowingly provide to us will be stored. This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in or submitting forms to use Next Trucking’s mobile app, website, or the Services. This includes information provided at the time of registration and/or subscription, posting any materials, requesting further services, or signing up for the VIP Driver program.
- We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Services.
- Transaction information from instances where you use our Services, including the type of Services you requested or provided, date and time the Service was provided, charges, and other related transaction details.
- For Shippers. If you are a shipper using the Services and you submit a shipment request, we collect details related to your submission, such as the date and time of your request, pick-up and delivery location and time, cargo description and value, rate, identity of shipper and receiver, and other related information about the shipment.
- For Carriers. If you are a carrier, we collect information on your bids on shipments as well as information about your acceptance and fulfillment of shipments, including information regarding the vehicle, driver, insurance, and other legal items.
- For Drivers. If you are a driver transporting shipments on behalf of a carrier, we may collect information on your travel to fulfill a shipment delivery, your location, legal information (including CDL number, MC number, and similar information), and insurance information, and other information or files you upload to us.
Next Trucking may provide methods for users to communicate, submit, post, or provide information for display on public areas of the Services or websites you access through the Services such as blogs, social media, and certain features on our Services (“User Content”). When you provide User Content through those channels, your User Content may be viewable by the public or other users of the Services. Such material should only be provided or displayed at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of third parties related to these communications and we cannot guarantee this information will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you use or access the Services, technology may automatically collect the following:
- Usage and Preference Details. When you access and use the Services, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Services, including, location data, logs, communications between Next Trucking and users, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Services. We collect information about how you interact with our services, your preferences, and settings chosen. We may collect and store any correspondence you have with other users on the site.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, operating system, IP address, type of browser, mobile network information, and telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The Services also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device.
- Location Information. Providing Services to our users requires the collection of location information. Depending on the Services you use, we may collect information regarding your precise and/or approximate location through the use of GPS, IP address, WiFi, or the Geotab VTR. For carriers and drivers using the Services, Next Trucking collects location information when the Next Trucking mobile application is running in the carrier or driver’s foreground (i.e., the mobile application is open and on-screen) or background (i.e., the mobile application is open but not on screen) of your device. The Geotab VTR (described further below) will collect location and other information from you whenever it is installed in your vehicle and activated.
- Geotab VTR Information. For drivers in the VIP Driver Program, the Geotab VTR may collect information from you when you have requested and installed this device and the device is activated. This information is collected at all times the Geotab VTR is installed and activated, regardless of whether you are using the Services. Through the Geotab VTR, Next Trucking and Geotab may automatically collect certain information, including location data, driver status information, driving event information, vehicle data and diagnostic information, any other information recorded by electric logging devices under 49 CFR § 395.26, 49 CFR Part 395 Subpart B, Appendix A, and any other information collected by the Geotab device (the “Geotab VTR Information”). Geotab may change or increase the type or amount of information it collects without our consent. Additional information regarding Geotab VTR Information collected by the Geotab VTR can be found at these two links:Geotab GO8 Support Document and Rate Plan Feature Comparison. Please contact Geotab or Next Trucking at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this matter.
- Behavioral Information. We may collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps, or other online services.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not download, access, use the Services, or request the Geotab VTR. If you already have a Geotab device, uninstall and/or return the device.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
- Geotab VTR: the Geotab VTR, which may be supplied to some users as part of the Services, automatically collects and transmits location information and other Geotab VTR Information listed above to Geotab, which Next Trucking may access, copy, and store on its servers. The information may also be transmitted directly to Next Trucking.
- Web Beacons: The Services and related communications may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Next Trucking, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the Services, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers.
- Analytics companies.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Services. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
Next Trucking’s main goal in collecting information is to help provide an enhanced experience to you when using the Services. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide, operate, and enhance the Services and their contents to you, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill other purposes for which you provide the information.
- Distribute to shippers, carriers, and drivers using the Services in relation to their use of the Services.
- Notify you about your account and process your registration with the Services, including verifying your information is valid.
- Fulfill our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the Carrier Broker Agreement, Shipper Broker Agreement, or any other agreement for billing and collection. Contact and purchase information, and any other necessary information, may be shared with financial or billing companies (or similar entities) for use in processing payments or invoices.
- Notify you about information or updates to the Services and changes to any products, services, policies, or terms and conditions associated with the Services.
- Improve and personalize the Services provided to you.
- Review driving habits and safety records.
- Verify your compliance with federal regulations.
- Help maintain the safety, security and integrity of the Services. Information may be collected from drivers and carriers regarding unsafe driving behavior.
The usage information we collect helps us improve the Services and deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Track and estimate patterns in usage of Next Trucking’s Services.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Services.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the Services.
- Evaluate the safety profile of a driver.
- Track your location and travel.
- Contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
Based on the information it collects, Next Trucking may determine in its sole discretion that an account should be deactivated, that a user should not be permitted to use the Services or particular Services, that a user may not be recommended for Services, or any other action necessary to protect itself or its brand, our customers, other users of the Services, or any third parties.
We use location information to help provide the Services, including tracking shipments, evaluating driving routes and patterns, and connecting appropriate carriers and drivers with shippers. Location information may include your current and expected future location.
We may also use your information to contact you about Next Trucking’s goods and services that may be of interest to you.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, or could reasonably be used to identify any individual or device, without restriction.
Some of Next Trucking’s Services require that we share information with other users or at your request. We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide to connect you with other users of the Services or to facilitate your use of the Services. Any information you include in an area of the Services accessible by other users of the Services will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users of the Services. For example, other users of the Services may be able to see your name, company and job title.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our parent, subsidiary, and affiliated businesses and partners, for legal reasons, or in the event of a dispute.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties providing support to us in our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Next Trucking’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request. We may access, use, preserve, transfer and disclose your information (including personal information) if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable laws in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies, or to protect the safety, rights and property of Next Trucking, our Services, our users and customers, or any third party. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Such disclosures may be carried out without notice to you.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service or our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, and other agreements, including for billing and collection.
Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
- Location Information.You can choose whether or not to allow some of the Services to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the opt-out setting in the Next Trucking app. If you block the use of location information, some or all parts of the Services may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Geotab VTR.Once it is installed and activated, you cannot choose whether to allow the Geotab VTR to collect location data or other Geotab VTR Information (defined above). This information will be collected regardless of whether you are using the Services. The Geotab VTR cannot be deactivated except by uninstalling the device.
- Promotion by Next Trucking.If you do not want us to use your personal information to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can request to opt-out by emailing us at email@example.com. You may opt-out of receiving email campaigns from us by unsubscribing from such email.
- Targeted Advertising by Next Trucking.If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can request to opt-out by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may opt-out of receiving email campaigns from us by unsubscribing from such email.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Service and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request changes to your personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We will not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 allows users of the Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures to help secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any online payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Payment transactions may also be handled by third parties. Next Trucking will use commercially reasonable efforts to work with financial and billing companies (or similar entities) with reasonable and acceptable security measures.
The security of your personal information also depends on you. You are responsible for keeping your password for the Services confidential. Avoid sharing your password with others or giving out information in public areas related to the Services. Publically shared information about or relating to your account may weaken the strength of your account’s security.
No security measures are perfect or impenetrable. The transmission of information via the internet and mobile applications or platforms is not completely secure. We cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your account information. Next Trucking cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through the Services. The transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide. In the unlikely event of a data security breach, Next Trucking will notify you of the breach.
Our Services are currently only available in the United States and are intended for those in the United States. If you use the Services from other countries with different governing laws, please note that you are transferring your personal information from that country to the United States for storage and processing. By providing any information, including personal information, related to the Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
If you have questions or comments about this policy and our privacy practices, contact us at: email@example.com.